Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple photos slide show random view

With earlier iPhoto I am often using the the slideshow feature and the random view function.

In new Apple Photos I cannot find the gearwheel or similar tho change this setting.

Slideshows only shows in the chronological order.

Is it not yet there or am I looking in the wrong place?

Pls help!

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:36 AM

8 replies

May 22, 2015 8:43 AM in response to bootheflyer

Is it not yet there or am I looking in the wrong place?

There is no "Shuffle slide order" option in the new Photos application.

Send a feature request to Apple - you can use this feedback form: Apple - Photos - Feedback

As a work around you could present your slideshow by setting the album with the photos as the source for the screensaver. The screensaver has a "Shuffle" option in the system preferences > Desktop&Screensaver.

May 22, 2015 12:48 PM in response to bootheflyer

Is your Photos library enabled as the System Photos Library?

Otherwise it will not show in the Media Browser. Check the Photos Preferences > General: "Use as System Photo Library" should show as greyed out.

It can take a very long time for the Photos Library to appear in the Screensaver Source list. Plenty of time to have a cup of coffee. And it annoyingly will frequently revert to National Geographic.

User uploaded file

Apple photos slide show random view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.