Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and the usage panel on iPhone 6 Plus disagree about the available space

The usage panel in my iPhone 6 (16gb) Plus's settings (Settings > General > Usage) disagrees with iTune's report of available space.

iTunes (2.11 GB free):

User uploaded file

iPhone usage (837 MB free):

User uploaded file

Any ideas how to make these figures sync? I have tried syncing multiple times in iTunes. I have backed up the phone, but I don't want to have to go through another wipe and restore.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, iTunes 12.1.2.27 in OSX 10.10.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:43 AM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2015 9:32 PM in response to htmaxpower

I have the same problem and have also been unable to reconcile it. Like you, I'm running iOS 8.3, iTunes 12.1.2.27, and OSX 10.10.3, but I've got the regular iPhone 6 (16GB), not the Plus.

iTunes says 2.56 GB free:

User uploaded file

iPhone says 627 MB free:

User uploaded file

So yup, same boat. Seems to me that the iPhone's report is what matters -- or at least, it started yelling at me that I was completely out of space until I deleted a bunch of stuff (despite iTunes telling me I had multiple gigs free).

Also curious about how to get the numbers to agree. Or, some explanation for why they don't agree.

iTunes and the usage panel on iPhone 6 Plus disagree about the available space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.