Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot access itunes or icloud account. Shows my old email address

Unable to access iTUNES or iCLOUD account. Changed my email address two days ago due to receiving a fake email from apple saying someone purchased a $14 app - "oven bake" or something and it gave me directions to website if this was incorrect. well i clicked on it and entered my email and password. it still looked totally legit. the email i then received from apple had the words in it but a couple hundred symbols etc and immediately the hair stood up on my neck and i thought uh oh that's not right. I immediately cancelled my credit card and changed my email address. so i am receiving emails ok on my ipad and iphone in my email account and obviously i was able to sign into this website with my new email and password as i logged on to apple and changed my address and password.

The problem is when i click on the iTunes app or try to get into iCloud the sign in screen still shows my old email address - which of course i am unable to sign into. So how do i go about getting those sign in screens to change.

iPhone 4

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:05 AM

2 replies

cannot access itunes or icloud account. Shows my old email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.