Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete then reinstall my Dropbox app, will I lose all my data?

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:39 AM

No, of course not. Dropbox is an online cloud based storage service. Your Dropbox files live online in the Dropbox cloud. The app is just a means to copy files to and from your Dropbox account, but you have to actually go online to that Dropbox account to delete things permanently (E.g. from within the app, actually select a file, hit the trash can, confirm the delete). Simply removing the app does nothing to the online content.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 11:39 AM in response to jlb1946

No, of course not. Dropbox is an online cloud based storage service. Your Dropbox files live online in the Dropbox cloud. The app is just a means to copy files to and from your Dropbox account, but you have to actually go online to that Dropbox account to delete things permanently (E.g. from within the app, actually select a file, hit the trash can, confirm the delete). Simply removing the app does nothing to the online content.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.