Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My update on Mac Mini 2014 display issues

Recently I purchased a New Mac Mini 2014 and was using it with a 24" HP monitor, Used the HDMI cable and had display issues, waking up from sleep, used thunderbolt to HDMI still the same, used thunderbolt to DVI no change, changed HDMI cables with no luck. I then purchased a New LG 29" ultra wide monitor with 2 HDMI and a 1 DisplayPort inputs. I first used the HDMI cable and after a few days I started getting the same display issue as before with my HP Monitor. I changed HDMI cables , no luck, also used a thunderbolt to HDMI and still the same, I finally decided to order a (Thunderbolt or mini display) to DisplayPort cable. The LG Monitor happens to have a DisplayPort on it. Anyway, I just received the cable a few days ago and connected the cable up. So far my mac mini isn't having any display issue at all, It seems to wake up much faster with no issues.

I did notice that the New Mac Mini's at Best Buy where I purchased it , is using a Thunderbolt Display and it never has any display issues. I'm thinking that the DisplayPort on my LG must be some what similar to the thunderbolt port, leaving me to believe that there is some sort of issues when connecting to any monitor port other than a ( Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt or DisplayPort.) There a a lot of monitors and TV's that have no DisplayPorts on them.

If you are still have Display issues on your 2014 MacMini and your Monitor has a DisplayPort, try using a Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable and see if that makes a difference. I know it did for me.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2014

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:41 AM

1 reply

My update on Mac Mini 2014 display issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.