Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

auto syncing macbook contact updates to iPhone

I have an iPhone 5c with iOS 8.3 and a Macbook Pro with OS 10.10.3. When I update a contact on my iPhone my Macbook gets automatically updated. But when I make an update to a contact on my Macbook, it doesn't get updated on my phone. It used to work great, but now it only works one way, not both ways. Why is that? How do I fix that?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:14 AM

5 replies

May 24, 2015 11:56 AM in response to Yakatack

Hello, Yakatack.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your contacts and not syncing from your Mac to your iPhone. I would check to make sure that iCloud is set to default for syncing contacts. Any other personal information manager or email account similar to iCloud can keep contacts from syncing. Here is a troubleshooting article that I would recommend going through for this issue.

Get help using iCloud Contacts

-Jason H.

May 24, 2015 12:23 PM in response to jason269

Thanks Jason, but I've tried all that. I also have the same issue with Apple Calendar. Entries made on my iPhone are auto synced to my macbook, but entries made on my macbook are not synced to my iPhone. Just like with my Contacts, it works one way but not both ways. I followed the instructions in the link you sent but my devices were already set-up correctly (and they used to sync nicely until about a 1 year ago). On my macbook under System Preferences>ICloud, both Contacts and Calendar are checked and the account matches the account on my iPhone. Now what?

May 24, 2015 1:15 PM in response to Yakatack

Yakatack,

Thank you for the follow up. If you have made sure that iCloud has been set as default, most likely another account such as Gmail that provides the same features is taking precedent over iCloud. You can check for other other internet accounts that provide contact and calendar syncing by going to System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Each account listed there will let you know if contact and calendar syncing is an option. If you deselect any of these options, data may be lost. I think the best option would be to reach out to us via phone to assist you with this.

Contact Apple for support

-Jason H.

auto syncing macbook contact updates to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.