Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make an iMovie 10 video 1080p?

I have been trying to upload a video to YouTube but the highest option of resolution is 720p. I want to change it to 1080p but it's not letting me no matter what I do. I have tried:

- Getting rid of my edits and starting again

- Opening iMovie 10 again

I've seen suggestions on exporting it into Quicktime but I can't find the option to do so. Please help !

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 10:46 AM

What resolution is your original media?

If it is 1080p then make sure you put a 1080p clip first into the timeline of a new project since this determines the project's settings. (You can remove this initial clip afterwards if you want and the settings won't change.) If your movie is exporting as 720p do the above then copy all from the 720p version and paste it after the initial clip in the new project.

Geoff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 10:46 AM in response to bleeply

What resolution is your original media?

If it is 1080p then make sure you put a 1080p clip first into the timeline of a new project since this determines the project's settings. (You can remove this initial clip afterwards if you want and the settings won't change.) If your movie is exporting as 720p do the above then copy all from the 720p version and paste it after the initial clip in the new project.

Geoff.

How to make an iMovie 10 video 1080p?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.