Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dumped GB 6.0.4 for the 10.0,...its useless to me,it won't play my songs without cutting out,is it possible for me to download my older version back to my comp?

i dumped my GB 6.0.4 for the newest 10.0,and it won't work for me(cuts out when i try to play songs )

is there any way i could redownload my older version ?,if so,where can i find it?

thanks

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:19 AM

is there any way i could redownload my older version ?,if so,where can i find it?

How did you originally install GarageBand '11? Install t the same way, as you originally got it on your Mac - from the iLife '11 installer DVD, or if it came preinstalled with MacOS X Lion or later, download it again from the Purchases page at the App Store.

The easiest way might be to restore it from your last Time Machine backup you made before you upgraded to GarageBAnd 10.0.

Did you really uninstall GarageBand 6.0.4? If you only upgraded to GarageBand 10, the installer will have moved GarageBand 6.0.4 to a subfolder of Applications and you can simply launch it from there.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 11:19 AM in response to paulschn

How did you originally install GarageBand '11? Install t the same way, as you originally got it on your Mac - from the iLife '11 installer DVD, or if it came preinstalled with MacOS X Lion or later, download it again from the Purchases page at the App Store.

The easiest way might be to restore it from your last Time Machine backup you made before you upgraded to GarageBAnd 10.0.

Did you really uninstall GarageBand 6.0.4? If you only upgraded to GarageBand 10, the installer will have moved GarageBand 6.0.4 to a subfolder of Applications and you can simply launch it from there.

May 22, 2015 11:25 AM in response to léonie

thanks for help,i got it my GB with comp,.and sadly,yes,i did dump it,i thought maybe that was why new one was acting up,..i do have it on time machine backup i made before i went to yosemite,(external H.D).....but tried to pull it out,it wouldn't let me(i think i'd have to reinstall entire old OS??

thank you so much for help

May 22, 2015 11:58 AM in response to paulschn

You cannot directly drag from the Time Machine drive to the Applications folder.

• Rename GarageBand 10, so you do not overwrite it.
  • Open your Applications folder in the Finder.
  • Then launch Time Machine with your Applations folder still the active Finder window.
  • Now go back in time until you are seeing GarageBand 6.0.4., select it and click the Restore button to restore GarageBand 6.0.4.

Then download the GarageBand 6.0.5 update from the Support page and install the update.

GarageBand 6.0.5

May 22, 2015 10:10 PM in response to paulschn

Are you seeing this alert?

User uploaded file

This means, that Apple did not update the certificate for the update installer and it has expired. The gate keeper checks, if software you want to install is signed by a trusted developer. You can circumvent this warning by setting the date in the system preferences to Mar 7, 2012, the date, when the update has been posted.

i dumped GB 6.0.4 for the 10.0,...its useless to me,it won't play my songs without cutting out,is it possible for me to download my older version back to my comp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.