Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Commercial Printing of Pages 5.2.2 document has color problems?

I created a document using Pages 5.2.2. I exported it to a pdf to send to a commercial printer. The printer is saying that pages within the document which are plain text are showing up as color pages, not black and white. Its more expensive to print color pages and not necessary for what should be plain black and white text. How can I fix this?

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:51 PM

Open the pdf file in ColorSync in your Utilities folder and apply the Black & White filter to save it all to just the black plate.

There is no guarantee though that some text may not be screened however.

Pages is poorly designed for commercial printing. What you save in software you pay in commercial printer problems.

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 8:51 PM in response to Ellilyo

Open the pdf file in ColorSync in your Utilities folder and apply the Black & White filter to save it all to just the black plate.

There is no guarantee though that some text may not be screened however.

Pages is poorly designed for commercial printing. What you save in software you pay in commercial printer problems.

Peter

May 24, 2015 5:45 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thank you! I do subscribe to the adobe design suite. However, I am a beginner with photoshop and acrobat pro and haven't used the others much at all. I think I did a logo adjustment with illustrator. Do you think it would be easier to try and re-create the document in acrobat pro by cutting and pasting and match style to get rid of old font information? I promise to not use pages for commercial projects again. They were losing me at mavericks...haven't upgraded to yosemite cause mavericks caused a backup problem...ay yi yi

Commercial Printing of Pages 5.2.2 document has color problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.