Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tell a friend not working from iMovie

I used to be able to upload a project from iMovie to Youtube and then "tell a friend" by simple entering the email addresses that I wanted to send it to.

Now I still have the option to tell a friend, but when I select tell a friend the email screen does not pop up. While I can go back and save the video to my camera roll then send it via email that way. I prefer the old way.

What am I doing wrong? Help me out here

iPad Air

Posted on May 22, 2015 10:51 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 11:19 AM in response to doireallyhaveto

Hey there!

It sounds like the feature for imovie to email friends to let them know about your video isn't appearing as it should. I would start by quitting the iMovie, Mail, and Settings apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

tell a friend not working from iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.