Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I backed up files to my WD Passport for Mac and then dropped it, causing it to be unplugged without being ejected.

I backed up files to my WD Passport for Mac and then dropped it, causing it to be unplugged without being ejected.

It now says that my Macbook Pro can not read the disk. It can not be repaired, ejected, or mounted from Disk Utility.

When I try to eject it with disk utility, it says that it can not be ejected because files are open.

What can I do to fix this without losing the files on this? I really do not want to lose the photos on th

MacBook pro

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:08 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2015 12:48 PM in response to Jwatts08

I would take out the bare drive from the WD enclosure and install it in another compatible enclosure and see if that will make a difference. Also try another Mac.

If not, search for data recovery software on the Internet. The developers will give you a sample application that will determine if data can be retrieved. If it can, then you will have to pay the asking price for the actual recovery software.

The last option is to employ a professional data recovery service. That will be expensive with no guarantee of success.

Ciao.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.