Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

try to select text, can't see it

How can I select text and see that I have selected it?

I hold down the shift key and use the arrow, but my cursor disappears and I don't see any highlighting to show me what I am selecting. Are there settings I can adjust? Is there a different procedure for selecting text?

I am using Pages 5.5.3 under the Yosemite operating system.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Yosemite, Pages 5.5.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:20 PM

What you have reported is not normal. Reboot your iMac, and try again. The click to anchor the cursor, and right, or left arrow keys combined with shift key will select the text. You can also do so with a mouse or trackpad with a single click and drag to select. Perhaps you need a more vivid selection color, which can be set in System Preferences > General (as Highlight color).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 12:20 PM in response to pamonpages

What you have reported is not normal. Reboot your iMac, and try again. The click to anchor the cursor, and right, or left arrow keys combined with shift key will select the text. You can also do so with a mouse or trackpad with a single click and drag to select. Perhaps you need a more vivid selection color, which can be set in System Preferences > General (as Highlight color).

May 22, 2015 3:24 PM in response to pamonpages

There are no intra-document, or bookmark links in Pages v5.5.3 — only email and web links.

Select the text that you want to make into a web link, and then control-click, and then Add Link. Type in your desired web address, press enter, and click outside of the link box in your document text body. The hyperlink is now set for that selected text. Same process to Edit Link.

try to select text, can't see it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.