Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete my videos out of iPhone

Hi, when I click on Photos, the following Albums come up: Camera Roll, My Photo Stream, Panorama, Videos, Recently Deleted. I'd like to clear some storage space by deleting a lot of the videos I've made (not commercial videos, just things like my dog chasing a ball). When I click on Videos, I see them on the screen and the Select option in the upper right. However, if I select one or more, the trash can icon is grayed out.

I have read an old comment here about somehow they've been synched with iTunes, but I don't see how that could have happened, nor, honestly, do I see iTunes on my phone! There's iTunes Music and iTunes Store, but not just iTunes.

Sorry to be such a dinosaur, but all help much appreciated, thanks!

Beth

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 1:54 PM

4 replies

May 22, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Beth Steward

Hi Beth!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble deleting those videos from your phone. You're definitely not being dense here, this is a weird one. If you open this link and click "Delete synced photos" it will show you the process for removing those videos. It does require a computer with the program iTunes installed however.

Sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

Good luck!

May 22, 2015 3:00 PM in response to iCensored

Hi, thanks.

I do have iTunes on my Mac, but when I click on it, there is no phone icon showing in the upper left corner. Hmmm, now what?

I don't know of any way I may have synched photos or videos with iTunes initially…..weird!

It seems odd to me that I can select and delete photos out of my Camera Roll, but nothing else. Is there a way to move the Videos into the Camera Roll? I've looked for that as an option in the share box (or whatever you call the square with the arrow pointing up that is on the bottom line), but don't see a way to move the vids to the Camera Roll.

Beth

How to delete my videos out of iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.