Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get Iphone 6 to sync with google account/calendar

Prior to upgrading to the Iphone 6, my google account/calendar synced with my phone no problem. After upgrading I tried to add the account. I know I have the email and password correct, hit enter, and it moves to a grayed out screen that looks like I should be able to give permission to what it will access. Then it just refreshes to the ADD ACCOUNT page.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:35 AM

5 replies

May 24, 2015 11:33 AM in response to natalieadw

Howdy there natalieadw,

From you rpost it sounds like the Mail account settings aren't working correctly for you. I would quit both the Mail and the Settings apps first:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

May 26, 2015 7:08 AM in response to natalieadw

Thanks for the update. Next I would use the information in this article. It is possible that you may need to unlock the account with a form from Google which the article has a link to as well:

Gmail account cannot get or send email in iOS

If you see any of these messages, follow these steps. After each step, check to see if you fixed the issue.

1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet by opening Safari and visiting www.apple.com.
  2. If you have other email accounts on your device, try to send and receive email from those accounts. If your Gmail account is the only one with the issue, fill out an unlock form, which proves your identity.
  3. Remove your Gmail account from your device and add it again: Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars > Add Account > Google. Enter your account information.

Get more help

If you have 2-Step verification enabled on your Google account, you'll need to generate an App Password to use with your iOS Device.

For more help sending or receiving Gmail, follow this Google support article. You can also visit Google support articles for downloading and sending mail.

May 26, 2015 11:57 AM in response to natalieadw

Alrighty, the only thing I can think of is a software issue on the phone. Since you're sure you've done all this troubleshooting, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Cannot get Iphone 6 to sync with google account/calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.