Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which disk can replace HTS541010A9E662

Hi,

Does anyone know what types of hard drive can replace HTS541010A9E662? My Macbook Pro is OS X 10.9.5. I chose 5400 speed because 7200 seemed more easily to be worn out. But it seems that this type of hard drive is very rare now so I may have to find a different replacement for it before it dies some day. Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), hard drieve: HTS541010A9E662 or HTS

Posted on May 22, 2015 1:38 PM

8 replies

May 22, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy,

Thank you for your reply but the type of this disk can hardly be found, including the four places you recommended where there is no such disk, except a few used or those from unreliable sources, not to mention the price (much high than usual because of "rarity"). That's why I turned to Apple user communities as well as try to use a different type of hard disk that can perfectly replace it.

Appleyz7

May 22, 2015 6:12 PM in response to appleyz7

You can replace it with almost any 2.5" SATA drive.

I have a number of 15" Mid-2012 MBPs and have replaced the hard drives with 750GB Western Digital Black, 7200rpm drives. They work fabulously well. I purchased my drives from OWC and B&H Photo. Part number is WD7500BPKX. They are currently $61.99 USD + free shipping at B&H.

I wouldn't go back to a 5400rpm drive, the performance of the 7200rpm drives is so much better. And there is no meaningful difference in their useful life.

Note: I only recommend products that have worked very well in my own use of them. I do not receive any compensation for any recommendations.

which disk can replace HTS541010A9E662

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.