Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to know if it is at all possible to recover any data from a repartitioned SSD in a rMBP that was encrypted with file vault

My computer crashed after somebody pulled out an SD card I was messing with the filesystem on, my computer would not boot up properly, so I used the recovery partition to see if I could fix the issue. Disk utility said it could fix the issue after I tried everything else and so I let disk utility do its thing, which turned out to be reformatting the whole SSD to a new LV in core storage. I then as it told me the problem was repaired and nothing was wrong tried to reboot, to discover what it had actually done. All of my files were on the deleted encrypted LV and unfortunately I had not got round to backing up. Is it at all possible to get the files back or are they lost forever?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:31 PM

There are no replies.

I want to know if it is at all possible to recover any data from a repartitioned SSD in a rMBP that was encrypted with file vault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.