Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finding a partial keyword on iPad's Safari

How can I find a PARTIAL keyword in the text with Safari? I tried to find keywords in the webpage at http://nodepression.com/article/dwight-yoakam-meandering-through-americana-camp. The keyword "cowpunk" found 5 matches, but its partial keyword "punk" found only 3 matches (none of which are partial). Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on May 22, 2015 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:01 PM

I'm not sure that I can answer your question, but after some brief experimentation, it appears as though you can find partial keywords if the portion that you enter into the search is at the beginning of the word. For instance go back to that site and search for the keyword "cow". It will bring up 12 matches that include "Cowboy" and "cowpunk". When you enter "punk", only the whole word "punk" appears in the search, so it seems like if the partial word that you enter is at the end of the whole word, it will not show up in the search.

it appears that would be a bug, IMO, if that is how it really works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 3:01 PM in response to rootsmusic

I'm not sure that I can answer your question, but after some brief experimentation, it appears as though you can find partial keywords if the portion that you enter into the search is at the beginning of the word. For instance go back to that site and search for the keyword "cow". It will bring up 12 matches that include "Cowboy" and "cowpunk". When you enter "punk", only the whole word "punk" appears in the search, so it seems like if the partial word that you enter is at the end of the whole word, it will not show up in the search.

it appears that would be a bug, IMO, if that is how it really works.

finding a partial keyword on iPad's Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.