Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how reset my display profile it's show "SwitchResX4 - Color LCD"

hello

my display profile shown "SwitchResX4 - Color LCD"

please help me to reset to the defeult "Color LCD"

thanks

User uploaded file

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), MBMid 2010, 8RAM, 500HDD

Posted on May 22, 2015 5:23 PM

11 replies

May 23, 2015 12:59 PM in response to m.yousef

Profiles listed above the line are the ones pulled directly from the display panel, or those you've created using the Calibrate button. In particular, the default supplied profile for the monitor you're using (that includes built-in screens such as for a laptop or iMac) are in the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays folder. The is the root Library folder which you will find alongside Applications, Users, System, etc.

Go to this folder and move any profiles in it to the trash. Restart your Mac. It will pull a new copy of the embedded default profile to this same folder. Open the System Preferences and choose the newly copied profile.

May 25, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Kurt Lang

thanks for reply, i already delete Display Profile and reboot my machine but this not fix my problem

by mistake i install SwitchResX software that can create a custom display resolution, the Display Profile name and values is changed and when uninstall it i stuck with that Profile name " SwitchResX 4 - Color LCD " and i assume that app not uninstalled correctly so i try use 3rd party app [AppDelete, MacKeeper] to uninstall it correctly and that not fix mu issue.

when i do some google search i found that one file called "/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist" must deleted and reboot my mac for reset Display Profle.

also, i open a support case with the software SRX4 developer and i got this answer

"

it's possible that the file with the setting may be cached: when you delete it, maybe it comes back immediately.use the terminal to delete "sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist com.apple.ColorSync.Devices" And then reboot

"

and that not help me too.

much appreciate for any one can support, good day for all 🙂

May 25, 2015 4:25 PM in response to m.yousef

Never use apps such as AppDelete to remove programs. If you don't fully understand what they're doing, they may (and at times, do) delete files that have nothing to do with the app you're trying to remove. Use the uninstaller that came with the app if it has one, or follow the manual removal instructions on the web site of the company that makes the software.

If you like your Mac, get rid of MacKeeper NOW! It's one of, if not the worst piece of junk you could ever install in OS X. Basically, stop installing things if you don't know how to remove them.

SwitchResX does absolutely nothing you can't do from the System Preferences in the Displays panel. Get rid of that, also.

It's hard to say how much of a mess you've made of your Mac with the various junk third party software you've installed and used. I did see the same instructions on SwitchResX's site to remove the hidden .plist file to supposedly fix the default display profile name. That it didn't work gives you some of an idea how useless this software is.

Look in the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays folder. What items are in that folder? Copy/paste the names here.

May 25, 2015 6:02 PM in response to m.yousef

It's not a problem. SwitchResX is doing that on purpose, and for absolutely no good reason.

The app doesn't do anything useful. Correctly and entirely delete SwitchResX according to the instructions on their site and your issue should be solved. Though after its removal, you'll have to empty out the Displays profile folder again so the OS can pull another new copy of the default display profile that won't be tagged with their application name.

Jun 20, 2015 5:21 AM in response to m.yousef

Hope you've found your solution.

I ran into the same problem yesterday. Installed SwitchResX then it renamed my ColorSync profile. Done a complete uninstall with its helper but no good. So what I did was to restore all of these following folders from my Time Machine, things then went back to normal.

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays

/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist

/System/Library/Displays

Then I did a reboot to complete the restore.

Oct 26, 2015 6:42 AM in response to Dann•e

Mac removed the overscan/underscan option

Maybe not removed, but hidden. In the Displays panel of the System Preferences, click on the radio button for Scaled. You'll see you only get a few to pick from. Now hold the Option key down and click directly on the word Scaled. All resolutions your monitor/video hardware support will be listed.

Nov 8, 2016 12:52 AM in response to Tran Hoang Long

This one fixes it. Particularly, one of the file in /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-610/Displ ayProductID-9227 (your vendor id and product id will probably be different) was overwritten by SwitchResX to include its name.

However, the tricky part is that you'll need to disable the system integrity protection by booting into Restore mode, entering: csrutil disable

Those who got themselves into this situation probably know what I'm talking about, since we'd have to disable this first before SwitchResX could modify the file.

how reset my display profile it's show "SwitchResX4 - Color LCD"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.