Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth GPS device is not working since 8.3. When is this finally fixed!? I need accurate positioning data.

I have an iPad Mini 2 Wifi that is currently updated on 8.3. I have been using an Apple certified bluetooth GPS device that has up to 8.3 been working fine. Now, however, since the update it is not working anymore. What can be done to get this working again, I need this for boat navigation.

It is in any case surprising, how this happens without warning, considering that this is supposed to be a premium device...

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 1:31 PM

5 replies

May 22, 2015 1:48 PM in response to seaser3000

Please note that this is a user-to-user technical help forum hosted by Apple. We are all just users like yourself here. You aren't talking to Apple. No one here knows when a bug might be fixed.

If you wish to give feedback to Apple use http://www.apple.com/feedback

Also note that there a few threads on this subject already. Check them to see if there is any help there.

May 22, 2015 5:21 PM in response to JimHdk

I am absolutely appalled at Apples handling of this, I've been waiting since April for a fix, the iPad I purchased for this application no longer works it's no longer fit for purpose, Apple support is usless they treat you like an idiot a few days ago they explain again I was the only person effected

I even asked for some assistance to move into a cellular iPad, trade up so I could get working again but this is not possible either, if I want something to work with now I have to buy cellular full price

Looking at all the Apple marketing everyone is smiling, I'm not smiling

Im now a little ****** I've spent so much on Apple products

Dont bother sending feedback to Apple, they have their own agenda which does not include quick resolution of this issue for us

May 23, 2015 7:45 AM in response to seaser3000

seaser3000 wrote:

If you had given feedback to apple you would know that they claim that you were the only one having this issue. It is important to raise this to the attention of others!

So, you're saying you used the feedback link and got an answer? That's highly unusual. The Feedback page specifically says they rarely answer.

The more people who submit feedback through the proper channel, the more chance you have of getting Apple's attention. You're not going to get it here. But you also need to be realistic. While you are certainly not the only person with this problem, you are part of a very small percent of iPad owners who do. No one here would know what Apple is doing to fix the issue, exactly what caused the issue or what other issues Apple is working on. I know that doesn't alleviate our frustration but yours may not be the only problem Apple has to solve.

Best of luck.

Bluetooth GPS device is not working since 8.3. When is this finally fixed!? I need accurate positioning data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.