Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kodak Will Not Download Pictures

The new Photos will not allow our two identical Kodak Easyshare M530 cameras to download pictures. iPhoto had no problem with those cameras for years. Any fix besides buy new cameras? I would post the error code but Photos cuts off half the error message and the box is not expandable.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:09 PM

8 replies

May 24, 2015 1:36 PM in response to MPD12

Good day MPD12,

If you are having an issue with being unable to import photos from your Kodak camera into the Photos application on your iMac, there are a number of things you may want to try to get this working.

First, be sure to follow the instructions on this page to do the import -

Import photos from a camera or mobile device - Photos Help

If this is not working, if your camera has storage media that fits the iMac's SDXC Card slot, try removing the memory card from your camera, inserting it in the slot and follow the directions on this page -

Import photos and video from storage media - Photos Help

If neither of these methods work, try using the Image Capture application to import from either the camera or the card. Once imported into the computer the pictures can be brought into the Photos application. See this article -

OS X Yosemite: Import photos and movies from your camera

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

May 27, 2015 12:45 AM in response to MPD12

I have this problem with my Sony camera which always worked with iPhoto. Image Capture can see my photos on the SD card and I can open the SD card window to see images on my Mac desktop. This confirms that (b) the Mac is connected correctly; (b) my Mac can see the images; (c) it's Photo for Mac that's the issue. I asked Apple Support about this issue and they confirmed that they can reproduce the problem on their machines and it affects users "worldwide".

We have to wait for an unspecified update to maybe fix this.

THis is is one of several problems Apple acknowledges and I am having with Photo and I'm seriously wondering if it was rushed out before proper beta testing!

Jun 16, 2015 4:48 PM in response to Brett L

thanks for the help, Image Capture will not import pics off the camera but I can take the card out of the camera and put it in the reader slot in the printer, thereby using the printer as a card reader and through a few inconvenient steps get the pics into Photos that way. Apple needs to fix this.

Kodak Will Not Download Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.