Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.1.2.27 Vista 32-bit iTunes - Stutters

I know my machine is pretty trailing edge, but it is supposed to be supported. Vista 32 bit Service Pack 2

I have been trying to play podcasts (also songs) and if I switch windows (to a Chrome browser) and then return to iTunes the podcast stutters horribly (also seems to get louder but may be my imagination.). Also occasionally just stutters without switching windows.

I thought it might be an issue with 12.1.1.4 (not sure exactly what the previous version was)

Attempted to install itunes64setup.exe, iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) * but got the following message:

This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x4 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher. <OK>

Downloaded and installed the latest 12.1.2.27

Still a problem with the stutter.

Reattempted to install itunes64setup.exe and got the same error message.

* Under System Requirements: it says.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

I used to do QA and testing so if Apple would like to test iTunes on a Vista 32-bit machine I would be happy to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

iTunes 12-OTHER, Windows Vista, 32-bit

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:20 PM

There are no replies.

12.1.2.27 Vista 32-bit iTunes - Stutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.