Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Early 2008 MacPro starts up and shuts down with the solid sleep light still on

HI,

i've got an early 2008 MacPro with a few issues. Sometimes it starts up and runs fine as normal, but then other days it will start up and run for a few minutes then shuts down with the sleep light still on after it's shut down, then the sleep light won't go away until it's been un-plugged for a few hours. Also while the sleep light is on the computer is completely dead and won't do anything. I've tried a few different power supplies and logic boards and tried repairing the disk, but after all of this the problem still seems to occur. It has factory ram as well but I've heard the factory graphics cards can cause issues too. Can anyone think of anything else? Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Quad core 2.8ghz Early 2008 MacPro

Posted on May 22, 2015 5:09 PM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2015 9:39 PM in response to Psyco-monkeys

Alrighty, I can't get it into diagnostics mode for some stupid reason but I left the computer mostly dismantled for a while, after I put it all back together earlier it seemed to start fine but the hard drive had some issues, I think the next thing I'll try is another power supply, a new one, we have used ones here with suspected failures, all do the same solid light thing. Thanks for your input guys! appreciate it

My Early 2008 MacPro starts up and shuts down with the solid sleep light still on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.