Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 with bad esn

Hello community

basically, im new here so sorry if this topic is the wrong place

im not from the US and im intersted in buying a new iphone 6 but the thing is the new iphone is really expensive so i found on ebay

some cheap iphones with bad esn and imei

after some google searches i knew that it would work normally outside the US and as i mentioned im not living in the US so that is fine by me

my question is : Does all the iphone carriers ( verizon , tmobile , at&t , sprint ) will work outside the US normally without any unlocking or anything ?

and if some needs unlocking how can i do that and if there any cheaper way to get an iphone 6 please mention it and thank you in advance 🙂

iPhone 6

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:33 PM

8 replies

May 22, 2015 5:19 PM in response to Legendgym

It's your money and you are free to toss good money after bad as much as you wish. For most phones in the USA locked to a carrier, the carrier will require that you be a customer, or have been a former customer who left with an account in good standing in order to process an unlock. Beware that many such iPhones sold end up with people posting here that they are blocked from use by Activation Lock and they have no way at all of contacting the former owner to see about getting that removed. In that case, you just bought an expensive door stop.

If you want a trouble free iPhone experience, then buy one from Apple or an Apple Authorized reseller in the country you live in or plan to use it in. Otherwise, pay your money, roll the dice, and take your chances. These forums are littered with posts of people who looked to save a buck the same way you are, only to ultimately end up with a device that is utterly useless to them (i.e. it is activation locked and so useless, carrier locked and the carrier will not unlock it, hacked to work as unlocked only to relock the next time you try to upgrade it, has an IMEI that is blacklisted in the country they want to use it or on the network they want to use, they experience a problem but cannot get warranty service because it was not originally sold in the country they are in, they experience a problem and cannot even pay for out of warranty service because the device has been worked on by non-Apple service centers, etc, etc, etc).

May 22, 2015 5:41 PM in response to Legendgym

Legendgym wrote:

First, Thank you so much for those details but i mean i cant afford a new iphone for 700 bucks it is too much for me especially in dollars

so what do you thing the best i should do ? and quite safe and not wasting my money

thank you again 🙂

There's a 90% probability that the phones you see on eBay will not work, and as the seller has disclosed the fact they are bad IMEI or are activation locked eBay will not honor their buyer protection. So you are throwing money away. If a deal seems to good to be true, it is not true. If you can't afford an iPhone from a legitimate source, do without an iPhone.

May 22, 2015 6:04 PM in response to Legendgym

The thing is, you say you cannot afford a new iPhone, but can you afford to gamble the money you have on a something that has a good likelihood of not only proving worthless and useless to you, but for which you have no recourse to get your money back? You stand a strong chance of paying what money you have to some eBay cheapo "deal" only to be out of pocket the money and have a worthless device? So how is that saving you money on a tight budget? As I say, the expression "tossing good money after bad" seems very appropriate much of the time when people go looking for a "great" deal on a used iPhone from online sources with no recourse when it all goes for nothing.

I can understand wanting something, but there are lots of less expensive alternatives, available from reliable sources, to an iPhone 6 if you really cannot afford to buy one from Apple or an Apple Authorized reseller.

Can you not get a carrier subsidized iPhone where you are? You obviously will have to pay for service regardless of the source of the phone, so are the deals from authorized iPhone carriers not an option, even if you have to settle for an iPhone 5s or 5c and not a latest and greatest iPhone 6?

iphone 6 with bad esn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.