Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hard drive crashed on my old mac. Can I download my library from iTunes onto my new mac?

My hard drive crashed on my old mac. Can I download my library content from iTunes onto my new mac?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), my new 27 inch late 2013

Posted on May 22, 2015 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 2:54 PM

How will you do that if the drive has crashed? That is where your data are unless you have an external backup to use. Your data are not stored in the iTunes application. Recovering files from the old drive would start by removing the drive from the old computer and putting it into an external enclosure. You can then see about recovery data from the drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 2:54 PM in response to tkdugan

How will you do that if the drive has crashed? That is where your data are unless you have an external backup to use. Your data are not stored in the iTunes application. Recovering files from the old drive would start by removing the drive from the old computer and putting it into an external enclosure. You can then see about recovery data from the drive.

My hard drive crashed on my old mac. Can I download my library from iTunes onto my new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.