Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match - lots missing on new laptop

Just subscribed to iTunes Match for new HP Stream laptop with very small storage capacity. After turning on Match and authorising the new laptop, my library is there in full but it won't let me play most of it. Sometimes it lets me play something, but mostly when I try a popup says "all downloads and file copies have been paused - the disk you're attempting to use is full".

I know the disk would be full if it tried to download everything but I thought the whole point is to stream the music, not download it? Wireless is on and working.

Any ideas? Thanks.

HPStream-OTHER, Windows 8, HP Stream laptop

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:57 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 2:10 PM in response to DebJClarke

Hey DebJClarke,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are trying to stream music from iTunes Match and it is taking up space on the computer. I would recommend that you read this article, it will explain how iTunes Match works.

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Match

You can store up to 25,000 songs in iCloud (more if songs are purchased from the iTunes Store), but only what you play or download is stored on your device.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

iTunes Match - lots missing on new laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.