Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is adwaremedic safe to use

is adware medic safe to use

iMac

Posted on May 22, 2015 7:42 PM

5 replies

May 22, 2015 8:04 PM in response to SCH Wi

You should do your own research to determine the safety and effectiveness of any unknown software, rather than taking anyone’s word for it. I’m not referring to any software in particular, but to all. Trusting software without a good reason is the mistake that caused the problem in the first place. If you continue to repeat that mistake, you’ll continue to be at risk of victimization. Skepticism is the only reliable defense against malware attack.

The most common types of ad-injection malware can be removed by following the instructions on this Apple Support page (which does not recommend any third-party software to solve the problem.) It's been reported that some variants of the "VSearch" malware block access to the page. If that happens, start in safe mode by holding down the shift key at the startup chime, then try again.

May 23, 2015 2:39 AM in response to SCH Wi

SCH Wi wrote:

is adware medic safe to use

It is. I tell you this as the developer of AdwareMedic, and invite you to ask me any questions you like about it.

Of course, as far as you're concerned, I'm just another stranger on the internet, and I could be lying to you for some unknown reason. Do a search of these forums for what other people are saying about AdwareMedic. You'll find many success stories and many recommendations by high-level users of these forums. You can also look at reviews by people who have used it here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/52105/adwaremedic

Note that almost every single review posted there gives a five-star rating. If it were malicious or a scam, that would not be the case.

In addition, AdwareMedic has been around for a while now. If it were malicious in any way, Apple would have acted to prevent it from being used, as they have done with other malicious software in the past. They also would have removed any recommendations for its use from these forums, which are very actively moderated.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you with.

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

May 23, 2015 6:01 AM in response to SCH Wi

This is not a comment about any particular software. It's certainly not safe to rely on software to rescue you from the consequences of unsafe computing practices that lead to malware infection. If you were infected because you downloaded and ran some unknown program without knowing what it would do, then to download and run some other unknown program without knowing what it will do is not a step in the right direction. The right direction is to stop downloading and running unknown programs without knowing what they'll do.

May 23, 2015 6:23 AM in response to SCH Wi

AdwareMedic application is a safe and effective remedial software that can be used to solve the adware related problems.

I have used it and recommended it hundreds of times here over the last 7 months.

I am yet to here a negative comment about AdwareMedic app.

Good medical practitioners never blame the patients for the difficulties they are in.

They treat the cases with effective methodical procedures and medicines at hand.

Feel safe to use it if you have to.

As an alternative, try this. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

Best.

is adwaremedic safe to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.