Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro trackpad not working after low overnight temperatures

Last night the temperatures dropped below -2 degrees celsius and this morning when I woke up to use my 13" mid 2012 macbook pro I found that the trackpad now doesn't work. The only thing I can do is use move the mouse around on the screen and left click. All other gestures don't work at all. Is there anything I can do to fix this or will it need to be looked at by a Genius?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:23 PM

It is possible that the trackpad could have been damaged from the low temperatures. Could have also been if it was still cold when you turned it on, it could have gotten warm really fast and moisture collected inside. If this is the case, letting it warm up and dry out could fix it, otherwise it sounds like you are going to need to take it in for repair. Have you tried restarting the computer?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 9:23 PM in response to Sinvius

It is possible that the trackpad could have been damaged from the low temperatures. Could have also been if it was still cold when you turned it on, it could have gotten warm really fast and moisture collected inside. If this is the case, letting it warm up and dry out could fix it, otherwise it sounds like you are going to need to take it in for repair. Have you tried restarting the computer?

Macbook pro trackpad not working after low overnight temperatures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.