Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+ crashes and resets on its own

IS anyone else having this issue? It happens several times a day sometimes

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 7:22 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2015 8:21 PM in response to ANAHEIM--ANGELS

Anaheim,

That is not a lot of info to go on, but I will give you some general things you might want to look at.

Just based on what you mentioned, I will throw a few things out there that you might want to check.

- Storage / Are you near your limit?

- Backups / Have you done one already? ( Not really a cause, but something you want to start working on just incase it is not software, but hardware related )

- Apps / Been using a particular app recently and does it happen around the same time you use said app?

- Physical or Water Damage? Some times obvious, sometimes not so much

- Third Party Devices / Any new chargers or hardware in general that is not Apple branded (possibly even Apple Branded?)

- Battery / Hows the battery life been since this started?

You could always try doing a Reset or Hard Reset if you have not tried one. These are typically low impact solutions that you can do if it is App related and/or software related (think an App that didn't close correctly or some part of the iOS software that is behaving badly an needs a kick in the pants ).

Reset = Just powering the device down and powering back on.

Hard Reset = Holding Sleep/Wake + Home Button together until the iPhone shuts off. Once it does, you can let go and it should restart on its own. If it doesn't then you can just power it on like you normally would.

Those are just some general things I would look into with the minimal info you have provided. My best guess would be your are nearing the storage limit on the phone or need to do a hard reset to clean up some programs that might need a reset. Either way, I highly recommend doing a back up in iTunes or iCloud.

iPhone 6+ crashes and resets on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.