Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont install

itunes will not down load for whatever reason and keeps coming back to this, I've looked at the top 5 google answers on the error number and they haven't worked all that much. I've reinstalled microsoft .net frame network 4.5.1

please get back to me on anything <3 and tell me how dumb I am

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:10 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

The "for older video cards" version is a 64-bit installer for the core 32-bit code, the same as every 64-bit version of iTunes up to 12.1. It may provide a useful workaround. I've also seen suggestions that disabling the Windows firewall while installing iTunes may prevent the Microsoft.VC80.CRT error. Alternatively you could download the installer and physically disconnect during the install to see if that helps.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 6:10 AM in response to KittySparkles

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

The "for older video cards" version is a 64-bit installer for the core 32-bit code, the same as every 64-bit version of iTunes up to 12.1. It may provide a useful workaround. I've also seen suggestions that disabling the Windows firewall while installing iTunes may prevent the Microsoft.VC80.CRT error. Alternatively you could download the installer and physically disconnect during the install to see if that helps.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

itunes wont install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.