Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

American accounts

Does Apple allow for the users who don't live in America to use American accounts

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:19 AM

No, it's not allowed.

You must have an address and credit card in America.

16 replies

Jun 20, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Muj2000

Muj2000 wrote:

In one word, I live in Iraq and I have American Account does Apple allow me to use it, yes or no.

You need two things to use a specific country's store. You need a form of payment based in that country like a credit card issued by a bank in that country. And that account must be linked to a postal address in the same country and be the same as the billing address of the payment account being used. So in the USA for example, you would need a credit card from a USA bank, and the address you use must be the same as the billing address for the card and must be a USA street address (I.e. Not a P.O. Box address). When you create the account, a temporary authorization hold will be placed on the payment account to verify all that information. The reason is very simple - Apple is required to collect all appropriate US federal, state and local taxes on all sales, and those taxes are determined by the address you are using (i.e. Taxes differ around the country).

American accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.