Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any difference in the syntax of writing simple c programs in Xcode ?, Is there any difference in the syntax of writing simple c programs in Xcode ?

Hello i am an Computer Science engineering student. My question is that when i am writing the c program in Xcode with the same syntax i used to write in turbo c in windows pc.

There are showing lots of error line conio.h is not a header file. Please anybody here can tell me the exact syntax with explanation of c programming in Xcode .

Or please tell me from where i can learn it.

Thank You

Mayank kumar

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:44 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 3:47 AM in response to mayankmk165

conio.h is a C header file used mostly by MS-DOS compilers to provide console input/output. It is not part of the C standard library or ISO C, nor is it defined by POSIX.

This header declares several useful library functions for performing "console input and output" from a program. Most C compilers that target DOS, Windows 3.x, Phar Lap, DOSX, OS/2, or Win32 have this header and supply the associated library functions in the default C library. Most C compilers that target UNIX and Linux [this includes OSX] do not have this header and do not supply the library functions. Some embedded systems use a conio-compatible library.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conio.h

Languages like C and C++ have relatively small standard libraries (compared to e.g. Java) and instead rely on OS libraries or non-standard libraries supplied by certain compilers, the MS-DOS conio.h is an example of this.

Some versions of Turbo-C (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borland_Turbo_C) appear to predate modern standard C (ANSI C-89 / C-99 / C-11)

so you might run into issue with C syntax and libraries supported by Turbo-C deviating from modern C.

Is there any difference in the syntax of writing simple c programs in Xcode ?, Is there any difference in the syntax of writing simple c programs in Xcode ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.