Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external dvd player

external dvd player will not accept dvd disc

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:59 AM

What player is it?

2 replies

Jun 28, 2015 8:54 AM in response to jokovner

I just recently bought a LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Slim Portable DVD+/-RW External Drive with M-DISC Support, Retail (Black) GP50NB40 from Amazon.

Here is the the error I am receiving every time I put a dvd into that LG external DVD drive…

User uploaded file

Words can not begin to describe how disappointed I was, I am not crazy about dropping $80 on the Apple superdrive... so right now I am guessing I will have to keep searching for a external DVD drive.

I wasn't sure if removing the old optical drive and replacing it with a SSD affected a 3rd party external dvd drive with working properly with the iMac…

I currently have a iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB of ramm. I took my old optical drive out of my machine because it was always breaking down. I then dropped in a 240GB SSD where my optical drive was located in the machine.

If anyone knows a external DVD drive that works... I am all ears

external dvd player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.