Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Backups is eating my Mac storage. What can I do to solve this problem and keep having the videos in the FCP library?

I started using FCP X a couple of month ago. I edited about 70 short videos. I realized my Mac started to be really slow and I discover I have about 500 Go of 'Final Cut Backups' in the 'Movies' folder. I need to keep the videos in the FCP library because I work on them from time to time. There is something I can do to liberate room in my storage? If I copy them in an external hardrive and erase them from the backups, will they remain in the library?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Server, Version 10.9.5

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:55 PM

10 replies

May 23, 2015 4:54 AM in response to nmtarenco

It would be interesting to know what else is in that folder other than back-up libraries. If you select a library in the library list of FCP, then command-4 to open the Inspector, you'll see a modify settings button next to Storage Locations. Click on it and either let us know where the locations are set to or post a screen shot.

Russ

Final Cut Backups is eating my Mac storage. What can I do to solve this problem and keep having the videos in the FCP library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.