Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional windows partition on Mac mini

Hi everybody:

I've got a Mac mini i'd like to create 2 Windows partitions in: one for the 'system' partition and another for the 'data' partition (typical partitioning scheme on a windows machine). Creating the 'system' partition is something i successfully do by using the Boot Camp wizard. The problem arise at the time of creating the additional partition intended to be the 'data' partition.

Basically, what i've done after creating the 'system' partition with Boot Camp wizard is using Mac OS X Disk Utility to create new partitions by resizing the partition where Mac OS X is installed, and creating a new partition in the remaining space. By doing so, the next try to restart on Windows system i get shown the next message:

"No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

It seems that the moment the partitioning table is "manipulated" after having created the 'system' partition with Boot Camp wizard, such 'system' partition gets corrupted.

I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me: (1) whether it's possible to create an additional windows partition on a Mac Mini; (2) where i can find useful information/tutorial on creating such partitioning scheme.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.D.: Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz - OSX Yosemite

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:48 AM

There are no replies.

Additional windows partition on Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.