Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not ringing on a Mac

Hi I am trying to get FaceTime to work

FaceTime on my mac has a different email address to my iPhone/iPad (so I can call my mac at home from my iPhone)

Calling from my mac works fine and my iPhone/iPad rings, but when trying to call my mac... nothing happens. FaceTime app is open on the mac but no ackowledgement there is an incoming call either aurally or visually

Have tried logging in/out, restarting the computer but no joy.

iCloud account email is the same for all my devices including my mac (so it differs from the mac's facetime email)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Mid 2011 Mac Mini OSX 10.10.3

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Mid 2011

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:00 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

I cant receive calls from anyone when signed into any account on my Mac Mini (Have tried three different itunes accounts that work fine with FaceTime other devices in our home)

If I sign the same accounts into an iPad or iPhone they can make and receive calls with any other device (Just cant receive calls on the Mac Mini)

Ive just realised that the issue is not just on the Mac Mini. Im having the exact same problem with my 2013 MacBook Air (Also 10.10.3). Can make but not receive calls.....

FaceTime not ringing on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.