Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi will not connect and iCloud verification failed

Hi - i'm trying to reset my wife's iPhone ever since her phones been having random freezes and reboots over the last few weeks. She's on an iPhone 5 (Ver 8.3 {12F70}).

There's 2 main issues going on here:

1 - Wifi just won't connect. The Wifi button remains Grey and the spinner keeps going around in a loop but won't detect any hotspots. I force reset the phone and reset network settings - that helps connect to the wifi for about 5 minutes and then it's lost again. This was a real cause of concern as it resulted in the phone hanging and misbehaving a lot. So the next option was to reset, here's the second problem.

2 - iTunes is unable to restore the phone and returns a generic error message. I am also unable to erase content etc from the phone as i keep getting an annoying "iCloud Verification Error".

Im at the end of all options to explore, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:17 AM

13 replies

May 24, 2015 10:33 AM in response to fromsouth

Wont work 😟

I've tried that but it seems that the phone doesn't fully reset as iCloud is enabled. I've tried disabling but i keep getting a "Verification Failed. There was an error connecting to iCloud." error. I can't switch on Wifi on the phone anymore and resetting network settings fixes the issue for about 5 minutes before losing Wifi completely.

Went to the Apple store in Kingston today and they were not at all helpful. They said i needed to pre-book an appointment (which is stupid for a walk in place) and the earliest available date is - NEXT FRIDAY! So that's what i paid for.

Seriously annoyed and at the end of all options here - so any help would be good.

May 24, 2015 2:15 PM in response to A331709

Apple store is walk in place, but apple store genius bar is not - if they have people available to help they will, but they usually don't.

I to be honest do not know which post to respond to at that point, but if it restarts every five min - it is unlikely that you restored 4 times, restore takes longer then that, nor it is

needed more then once. Advice stays the same = restore in recovery mode at least once. If still a problem, setup appointment at the

store for replacement.

May 29, 2015 7:17 AM in response to A331709

So Apple tells me that its a logic board failure. What they failed to mention was the whole Wi-Fried situation which exactly matches the symptoms I informed them of - namely - random Wifi drops.

They also want £199 for a replacement.

Disappointed that there seems to be no fix for the issue. It's outrageous that they try to disguise a poor software update as a hardware issue.

May 29, 2015 11:57 AM in response to A331709

Completely normal for Apple customers sentiment - every damage gets blamed on updates. When my Frigidaire fridge broke down, I would be happy to get replacement at 25 % of the sales price, but no, I had to waste 200 for repairman, that replaced two parts and since it didn't fix it told me to buy a new fridge. I had to pay 300 more then I paid for old 1100 instead of 800 and now my wife hates the shelf positioning on new model. If fridge was made by apple for 200 I would be a happy camper, cause my wife would be happy. Now I paid 1300 and feel like I was screwed. Wonder if Apple will make refrigerators, what do you think ?

May 30, 2015 4:10 AM in response to A331709

A331709 wrote:

It's kind of a tough one since you now can't change your wife or your fridge. In the longer term however it is advisable to please the Mrs than try to make good on a poor investment. Hope that helps. Wish I could say the same for your post though.

There is a common practice on these communities if post is helpful to mark it as such as well as it is common for people not to mark those (entitlement on help and advice is common feeling here) which is completely fine as well. Now while my post intention was not helpful, but more of observation of myself in similar scenario, I beg to differ that it was in fact helpful, you actually told me in your response that you would rather buy new phone then invest 199 in that one. Good decision. Take care.

Jul 7, 2015 11:25 AM in response to fromsouth

when connected to my wifi network, i keep getting icloud verification failed and as a result

• neither facetime nor imessage work
  • i cannot download apps
  • cannot update appS
  • apps do not receive data unless they are opened and refreshed manually
  • I Cannot backup my iphone
  • software update does not work either

EVerything works fine on cellular data though.SAme is the problem with other 3 iphones and an Ipad when connected to this wifi network. all the devices are working on different ios versions.i Have tried

• resetting my router to default settings
  • reset the network settings on the devices
  • restarted my devices several times

Somebody please help.

Vishal

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, Iphone 4 ios7, iphone 5 ios8, ipad2

Wifi will not connect and iCloud verification failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.