Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 Retina MacBook Pro UI lag

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro and I've been experiencing some UI lag, which I find very annoying. Since we are talking about a 1500$ computer, I don't want any sort of compromise, I don't want to turn transparency off and stuff like that. Is everyone suffering from this problem on the 2015 Retina MacBook Pro? Does this UI lag affect only some users? If it is so, do you think there's any chance to get it changed for another one (same specs, same model) at the Apple Store?

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:04 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 6:54 AM in response to etihad6

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Jun 4, 2015 9:21 PM in response to etihad6

Yes everyone has the UI Lag issue. Every type of macbook with a retina display has this annoying lag problem.

I'm trying out one of the new Macbook 12 inch laptops right now and experience the same lag I did with the Macbook pro 2014 and 2015

laptops except a little bit worse since it has lower specs. I turn off transparency b/c that seems to be the only thing that helps somewhat.

Some people say they don't have lag but I think they just can't see it. Someone who has used a mac for a very long time very well might

not be able to see it because that's just how Macs run. They do not run at a constant 60fps. The fps drop to the 30s and 40s a lot which

makes it look laggy. I've done the test with the Quartz fps counter tool and every Macbook with the retina display drops into 20s 30s 40 sometimes

even teens. There is not a way to fix it yourself just have to hope Apple will fix the issue. Not sure if they will because I remember Mavericks had the

lag as well.

Thanks

2015 Retina MacBook Pro UI lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.