Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Disappeared

Hi! After I cleaned out my computer, my iPhoto has disappeared (which I should have figured out before doing it, but to late to realize that now...). I have a MacBook Pro with retina display, and got no disc with the programs when buying it since there's no place to put it in anyway. So my question is; how do I get iPhoto back on my computer if I don't have any disc with the program? Is there any way or is the only possibility to get in contact with the place I bought it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:40 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 6:03 AM in response to tilderr

Which version of MacOS X are you running?

Iy you are running Yosemite, try to reinstall iPhoto from the Purchases tab of the App Store.

See this User Tip: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

You may need to unhide iPhoto among your purchases: To unhide your purchases: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

If you are not running Yosemite, there is no way on Apple's sites to download iPhoto again, because iPhoto is no longer sold.

Try to restore it from the last backup you made before you wiped your computer.

You could also buy an iLife installer DVD from Amazon and find someone with an optical drive to copy the installer to an external drive for you.

May 23, 2015 6:17 AM in response to tilderr

I'm not running Yosemite right now, but I can install it in like 15 min. Is it possible to do it the way you said even if i didn't update my computer until now?

Check, if iPhoto is showing at the App Store, when you sign in with your AppleID in the "Store" menu. DO you see iPhoto on the Purchases tab? Otherwise upgrading to Yosemite would not help.

User uploaded file

iPhoto Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.