Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to yosemite logic pro 9 does not work

Since I upgrade my OS to Yosemite when I go to open Logic pro 9 I get the message that Logic Pro has quit unexpectedly. Anyone else having this problem and how do I rectify it?

Logic Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:17 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 8:18 AM in response to shaun1979

This sounds like you have a hardware driver that is not fully compatible with Yosemite rather than an issue with LP9 and Yosemite..

Make sure your drivers are all Yosemite compatible....

Note: Try starting with a blank project if you are not doing so already.....

Also... you could be using a plugin that has issues under Yosemite so update all your 4rd party ones..

Failing all this.. then..

Delete LP9's prefs and CS files... and test.....

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro back to its original settings. This will not impact your song files. To reset your Logic Pro user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  2. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  3. Press the Go button.
  4. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  5. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

Additional: LP9 working fine under Yosemite 10.10.3 here.. though not optimally.... but thats because Yosemite adds makes a much high demand on system resources For others however, the combo of Yosemite and LP9 has proven to be unstable do bear this in mind...

See the following for more info:

Latest OS X & Logic Pro Compatibility Information

Since upgrading to yosemite logic pro 9 does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.