Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THE DISPLAY IS NOT A PART OF THIS IPHONE

Hello Apple,

My name is Rahul Ganguly and also a first time Apple buyer. I heard the brand value and also the product value that’s why I just purchased an iPhone. But unfortunately in my case it is something different. I’ve no doubt on your product or service quality, still there is some gaps which I found after go through many harassment.

I bought an iPhone 5c (8gb) from the amazon.com on 26th February’15, which has the details below mentioned.

Serial Number: ************

IMEI/MEID: ***************

Please find the purchase bill for your reference.

First Incident: -- 4th March’15

After opening the box, home button was not working at all, maybe it was a manufacturing defect. So I went to the Apple service center for the issue on 4th March’15. They checked the iPhone and told me that it would be replaced with a brand new iPhone as per the service process.

Now they gave me a new iPhone 5c (8gb) on 11th March’15.

Second Incident: -- 4th May

After 2 months the iPhone got break down, and it was not turning on. Again I went to the same service center to check the issue on 4th May. There was no display and the phone was not turning on and was unable to restore from iTunes. I submitted the phone to service. After two days the service center guys called me and told that they restore the iPhone and it is working fine and also asked me to collect the device on 6th May.

I checked the device and it was working but the camera was not working at all, so I told them the issue again, they again restored the iPhone and after that it was working good. I was able to access all the functions properly then.

They also mentioned that the LCI paper was missing. I couldn't understand how can be this possible if it is brand new phone, then it should have that. Beside this I am not mad that I service my phone except Apple care where I do have the warranty. So there is no question about servicing at another shop/service center without Apple Care Imagine.

Third Incident – 14th May

After 10 days the iPhone again broke down and I went to service center again and it was the same issue which is mentioned in the second incident. They investigated and tell me that it is a display hardware problem, so the device will be replaced with a new one.

Now the service center guys told me that --- They raised a request for the replacement of that iPhone with a brand new one. But the request was in PENDING STATUS FOR 9 DAYS because it shows that “THE DISPLAY IS NOT A PART OF THIS IPHONE” means what I understand that the serial number of the display is not mapped with this iPhone, maybe it is mapped with another iPhone 5c device. Maybe a serial number mismatch issue with the display part and the iPhone.

So the request got rejected on 23rd May’15 and the service center guys told me that YOUR IPHONE WILL NOT BE SERVICED OR REPLACED as per the service process.

I called Apple Care for 4-5 times. They are very much helpful for me, they've created a CASE ID (809382771) for me. I almost talked with 2-3 Senior Supervisor for this issue today. They told me that they've escalated the issue to the Manufacturing Department in Singapore and I need to wait till 25th may to get the response from the manufacturing department.

You can understand how many time I went to the service center for the issue and how much harassed I am.

Now please tell me what should I do in this case? If the mistake is from your side then why do I suffer? I already paid lot of money for this iPhone and it is still in the warranty, so why it’ll not be serviced?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:59 AM

10 replies

May 23, 2015 8:02 AM in response to Nothing_But_Void

Amazon is NOT an authorized distributor of iPhones. You bought a used phone from a 3rd party. From the sound of it, it was repaired by an unauthorized party, repackaged and then sold on Amazon. Take it up with Amazon. Apple won't touch it. They are under no obligation to. It was modified by an unauthorized party with salvaged or counterfeit parts.

The warranty, and ability to receive service from Apple were voided before you ever purchased it.

May 23, 2015 8:24 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

Ah... missed that. sorry. So many people get scammed by 3rd party sellers on Amazon, it didn't click when I was reading it. Somehow went straight from 'bought it from Amazon' to 'non Apple parts'.

I almost missed the part where he explained he has an escalated case open with Apple and a promise that they will reply by 5/25.

May 27, 2015 12:11 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair.. I understand that correctly, but I just want to share this incident to everyone and also to inform the Apple authority that "something is going wrong from your side, you need to take care of these things 😠 "... that's it.. and also till today (27th May'15) there is no response from the concerned team to whom the case was escalated.. very strange... 😟

May 27, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger Wilmut1

sir, I just wanted to share this things so that Apple authority will see this and take action where there are gaps in the system.. and also to make aware of such thing happens in the case of Apple.. 😮It'dbe very helpful if you can tell me how do i contact the Apple USA office, so that I can make them aware of such things.. and also they are taking so long time to provide the resolution for this case which is UNACCEPTABLE for me and also for anyone else who is using such a costly device.If you know any e-mail id, please do let me know so that I can escalate to the higher level also, so that after me no one will be harassed like this. I've already sent mails to bangalore_admin and also the india sales distribution group, but i guess they don't even went through my emails.

May 28, 2015 4:09 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger Wilmut1

Is there any e-email id so that I can mail them? They probably didn't even checked my email which was sent to these mail id's "bangalore_admin@apple.com, support@apple.com, India_Sales_Support@group.apple.com". There is no reponse till now. I dont know how they are evaluating the feedback or report on basis of emails. Very much bad experience and frustrarting.😟

THE DISPLAY IS NOT A PART OF THIS IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.