Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thunderbolt daisy chain

When you daisy chain two thunderbolt drives, does it just increase the size of the first drive or does it add another drive ?

I would like to have a drive that I use for my itunes library and when it becomes full it would be very convenient to be able to just add another drive in daisy chain so that it increases the size of the whole setup so that I can keep using the same drive in itunes without having to replace the drive with one of more capacity.

Thank you.

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:45 AM

Each drive is seen independently. If you are concerned about the size of your library, then purchase high capacity HD's. 6TB drives are currently available.

5 replies

May 23, 2015 7:56 AM in response to tursiops33

For most getting a larger external hard drive and keeping everything in one library is the best solution.

For some having multiple libraries and keeping different libraries on different external hard drives works well.

see > google search: using multiple iTunes Libraries

Adding that: which ever way you decide to go, you should always have a good "backup" of your Library or Libraries.

thunderbolt daisy chain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.