Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachments from 3rd party app won't send

I am using iPhone 6+ with 8.3 iOS. I have been trying to send an attachment from a 3rd party app (Hours) from within the app and it acts as if the e-mail sends as there is the "swoosh" sound and the e-mail disappears from the screen, however, it is never received. I am sending from a g-mail account. I also have this issue when trying to send a photo by e-mail or text from within the photos app. I have to send photos from within the mail app for them to go. And, all works fine from my iPad (iPad Air 8.3 iOS). I have researched this for sometime and cannot seem to locate an answer to my specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. Based upon the research, I have already done a reset and re-boot of the phone, as well as deleted and re-installed the e-mail account. The attachment is not large---a simple .pdf or .csv file that is not large. Any photos are not overly large either. I have also checked the gmail account through the web and when sent from the phone, the Hours file / e-mail was found in the "All Mail" folder one time (there were multiple sends) but the attachment had been stripped.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate any suggestions.

---Jean

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:00 AM

EDIT: SOLVED!!

I gave one more try to the delete / re-install the gmail account and now all messages with attachments are being received. I just don't understand why the prior delete / re-install didn't correct the issue, but, all is well now. Sorry for any inconvenience, but, hopefully, if others have the same issue, perhaps this post will help. Just keep trying. Thanks again for this forum.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 8:00 AM in response to jmm22

EDIT: SOLVED!!

I gave one more try to the delete / re-install the gmail account and now all messages with attachments are being received. I just don't understand why the prior delete / re-install didn't correct the issue, but, all is well now. Sorry for any inconvenience, but, hopefully, if others have the same issue, perhaps this post will help. Just keep trying. Thanks again for this forum.

Attachments from 3rd party app won't send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.