Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar alarm time set on OS X different on iOS

Hi,

I use iCloud to synchronize my calendar events.

When I set up an event with traveling + alarm on the iPhone, I have the same event on the Mac.

When I set up an event with travelling + alarm on the Mac, I don't have the same event on the iPhone.

ex : "Appointment 10 min away walking + Alarm 15 minutes before I leave" set on the Mac = "Appointment 10 min away walking + Alarme 25 minutes before I leave" on the iPhone ???

The iPhone includes 2 times the travelling time in every event issued on the Mac.

WTBug ?

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:32 AM

11 replies

May 23, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Karyboue

What about icloud ? When you troubleshoot icloud issues, icloud has to get info from one of your devices. if cloud syncs with the phone - bug may be on the Mac and opposite. If the bug is on the phone - give apple phone support a call and Mac same with desktop support. Now they may try to play with your stuff and find it is not a bug, but does sound like one to me.

May 24, 2015 1:52 PM in response to fromsouth

Ok,

There are 3 ways to use or have access to Calendar : on Mac OS X, on iOS and on iCloud.

On Mac OS X and iOS, you create an event with the address where the event takes place.

Calendar App on Mac OS X and iOS is also able to calculate the time needed to go to the event from your prévious event or actuel localization.

I looks like Calendar in iCloud can't ?

May 24, 2015 2:53 PM in response to fromsouth

I have checked all the settings and all apps and iCloud use the same Time zone that the Mac and the iPhone (in fact no time zone as don't need it).

I checked with a New York event (as I am in France) and time were the same on every calendar.

I have set up a new event on the OS X : 16 minutes to go to the event + alarm 15 minutes before to go.

On iCloud it says : alarm 31 minutes before (the time of the appointement). That is OK

On iOS it says : alarm 31 minutes before TO GO to the even meaning 31 minutes + 16 minutes ... That is NOT OK

Now I set up the same event but first on the iPhone : 20 minutes to go to the event + alarm 15 minutes before to go.

On iCloud it says : alarm 15 minutes before (the time of the appointement). That is OK

On OS X it says : alarm 15 minutes before to go to the event that is 20 minutes away. That is OK

Why iOS says 20 minutes and Mac OS X 16 minutes, I really don't care but why does it work one way (iOS to OS X) but not the other way (OS X to iOS) ?

If I want something reliable I have to make all my appointments and plannings from my iPhone and it will work ... but the Mac is so very much more practical to use.

May 25, 2015 4:19 AM in response to Karyboue

You are creating too many variables for me and you to understand. We are talking first about creating event, right. Imagine that you do not have to go or setup alarm. Just an event = lunch, diner, etc. Events sync = correct or not?

Then you creating complication Alert/alarm - does that work?

Then you creating walk time complication - does that work.

At what time it stops working?

Cause so far it sounds like you phone understands locations - since it is moving, Mac does not, may be cause it is stationary?

But in any event check one by one.

And since you phone works with icloud and your Mac does not, why don't you take your question to another part of icloud forum- icloud on the mac?

They actually better at that then me. May be we are missing some setting on the Mac ...

iCloud on my Mac

May 25, 2015 12:52 PM in response to fromsouth

Hi,

Event when created on Mac or iPhone or iCloud is always correct on every unit

Event + alarm when created on Mac or iPhone or iCloud is always correct on very unit

Event + alarm + walk time when created on the iPhone is correct on every unit

Event + alarm + walk time when created on the Mac is correct in iCloud but NOT correct on the iPhone.

My Mac is correctly located, I have checked with Maps.

I'll try to ask the question on icloud on the Mac.

Thanks

May 26, 2015 4:11 AM in response to Karyboue

That is an excellent isolation.

So it appears that when event is not created on the phone - phone is not getting proper info about location. Lets verify that one more time by setting such an appointment not on the mac itself, but in icloud.com and if that is going to be off we will know it is the phone.

Once you confirm that you can try couple things, like turning automatic time to off in settings, verifying location accuracy on the phone and may be for good measure resetting all settings on the phone.

Jun 23, 2015 2:34 AM in response to Karyboue

Similar issue.

When I set alarms on my Macbook Pro they are different on my iPhone... often by 1 or 2 hours...

and sometimes by other odd times like 1 day & 15 hours? ***?

The only way I can insure accuracy is to set them (or correct them) directly on my iPhone.

Bummer because it's nice to be able to set them on the computer.

I've always had issues with syncing between devices and been going on so long (well over a decade) that frankly I don't think it will ever change.
It's just not a priority for them.

Calendar alarm time set on OS X different on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.