Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mail inbox increase height of rows in message list

Hullo,

Does anyone know how to increase the horizontal space of the panes in macmail's message list?

Mine have shrunk to about 1cm, and I'd like them back to the old height.

I've checked preferences but that only tells me how to increase font, NOT the height of the row.

Happened suddenly and I have no idea why!

Thank you

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:16 AM

12 replies

May 23, 2015 5:11 AM in response to Klaus1

Well enormous is relative and depends on how good your eyes are.

Either way, how big I want to make the panes isn't really the issue, what I want is the ability to alter the height.

And thank you, but I haven't changed my screen resolution, in fact I haven't changed anything.

All I know is when I opened Macmail yesterday, the messages were crushed together, and I don't know why - If I did I could undo it!

May 23, 2015 5:18 AM in response to abigrant

Check Mail, Preferences, Fonts and Colors. The default height of the Lucinda Grande message list font is 12.

User uploaded file

Press Select... and the font height is adjustable by the slider at the right.

User uploaded file

The smallest value the slider provides is 9, as shown below, significantly smaller than the 12 default setting shown in the first screen capture above.

User uploaded file

May 23, 2015 5:25 AM in response to kostby

Thank you, but I've already tried this, and all it does is change the font size within the narrow pane.

I want higher panes!

It's the crushing together with no white space that makes it difficult for me to read.

48 hours ago it was fine. I don't know what's changed and it's driving me spare as I work from home and use email constantly.

mac mail inbox increase height of rows in message list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.