Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 half screen gone dark from Right to Left

My present iPad3.., I got it replaced about one year ago from Singapore after the 1st one I bought gone faulty.

It was working well.. Yesterday it was connected my Laptop and I was on Safari browsing the internet, suddenly it restarted.. After restart, searching for the reason I found that the left bottom corner is hot and half screen gone dark (Half left from Right) permanently. I tried factory resetting, restore from itunes as well as from DFU mode, the condition is all the same. The worst thing is when I start using the pad the left bottom corner becomes very hot and within 20-30 minutes it restarts every time. But when I do not use it and leave it locked it does not get worm/hot, even I am charging connecting to power outlet, it charges without getting hot.. Please help, looking for a solution.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:52 AM

Hi Go to Settings Restore to Factory Settings over your WiFi Use same Apple ID then you will get your Apps / Data back If this doesn't solve the problem it maybe a hardware or battery fault Make aa Appointment at Apple Store Cheers Brian

1 reply

iPad 3 half screen gone dark from Right to Left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.