Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in water and placed in rice overnight now the charger will not fit.

I dropped my phone in water and it had a mophie charger case on it. That night I placed both in rice. Today I phone charger does not fit into my I phone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Your phone is damaged. Avail yourself of the out of warranty replacement if available in your country:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

3 replies

May 23, 2015 6:50 AM in response to LindaMWG

The rice method is not endorsed by Apple; it is just a way suggested by users on this forum of trying to salvage a usually unsalvageable situation. The rice method sometimes makes the phone workable so you can at least recover the data which is the most valuable commodity. Sometimes the rice method will not work at all.Hardware is replaceable; data is not. In any case, water and electronics don't mix. After the phone has been dunked in h2o, it will most likely fail sooner or later.

I dropped my phone in water and placed in rice overnight now the charger will not fit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.