Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with viewing video on iPad mini after formatting with Apple devices in Final Cut Pro

I am converting video created in Final Cut Pro. After converting with the Share/Apple devices format and transferring the file to iPad mini via iTunes when playing back the video on iPad mini the films are glitching or freezing in parts of the video.

I have had one iPad replaced and waiting for another.

I have recreated the film in Final cut Pro from scratch, but still get the glitching or playback problems when viewed on iPad mini. I have viewed the same film on iPhone, Mac Book Air and Mac Book without problems. This seems to be related to the iPad mini only and wonder whether the iPad mini is actually fit for viewing video or if this is a problem with the Graphics card/ or the iOS system itself in the iPad mini or if its a problem with the Apple Devices formatting within Final Cut Pro.

Any help appreciated as its not very professional trying to present a video show reel when it starts glitching and freezing when viewing on the iPad mini.

MacBook Pro, New Mavericks OS X

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:57 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2015 5:04 AM in response to GB2011

You should probably test with different videos, to see if there is a problem specific with that iPad mini. Does it play HD material ok, either locally or from youtube or vimeo, for example?

Is the video 1080p or 720p? I would expect the mini to not have problems with either, but if you are having trouble with 1080p try exporting at 720p and see how it goes.

Problems with viewing video on iPad mini after formatting with Apple devices in Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.