Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 password forgot

Have an old iphone for to give to a friend for hotspot use but ive forgotten both passwords for login and apple id. tried to reset it but i cannot connect to to the servers to update it through itunes. need help!!

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:15 AM

11 replies

May 23, 2015 7:05 AM in response to humza333

Was the computer you are using ever synched with a hacked/jailbroken phone? In any case, it seems that the problem is with the compter (iTunes) and not the phone. Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed? In any case this might help (I am assuming you are using iTunes for Windows, which I do not use):

iTunes for Windows: iTunes can't contact the iPhone, iPad, or iPod software update server - Apple Support

May 23, 2015 7:19 AM in response to humza333

Ok, here is the simple version:

You have used iTunes in an unsupported manner (synching/updating a hacked iDevice). The error you are getting is common for hacks/jailbreaks regardless of the internet connection. You cannot get any further help here for unsupported methods as it violates the TOS to which we all agreed to.

I suggest you try Google; I'm sure you will find a solution there.

Iphone 4 password forgot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.