Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thumbnails not loading for my iCloud photo library

I switched to an iCloud Photo Library: it works alright and it syncs fine, but no matter what my iPhone does not want to load thumbnails.

I already tried deleting the local library and loading it back up, but the only result I got was an _increase_ in the number of gray boxes: while before the wipe they seemed random, now there's not a single one of them (except for some of the latest pictures, for some reason).

Adding another layer of weirdness, everything works fine on my 5th gen iPod Touch, with the same options (basically, to optimize storage).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:00 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2015 7:04 AM in response to cicuz

I have the same problem on my iPhone 5S. The only 'fix' I have found for it, is to go in to full screen on the beginning of one of the empty areas and swipe through until your thumb gets tired. I found that flicking through every empty space causes the thumbnails to appear back in the Collections and Years views.

(I also tried turning off and restarting the device to no avail)

Thumbnails not loading for my iCloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.