Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice to Text stops listening half way through what I am saying

Hi all, the issue I am having is that voice to text stops listening half way through whatever it is I'm saying. the screen still shows it is listening, but words stop appearing and when I click done, a blue circle spins where i was typing until I delete it. I'm wondering if I need to restart my iPad or do something else to get thios feature to work normally again. Also, frequently when I use VTT twice in a row the second time I hit the microphone button, VTT won't respond and the space bar gets activated instead. This isn't a misclick; I'm definitely hitting the microphone. I normally have to restart whatever app I'm in to get this to stop. BTW, all of these issues are happening on my ipad air.

iPad Air-OTHER, iOS 8

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:08 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 8:02 AM in response to Budwhite

I've been using this feature a lot today and the problem is getting worse. I'm not that much of a computer guy, but it feels like the VTT is becoming less responsive the way a computer becomes less responsive when it's memory cache is full. I don't know how VTT interacts with the iPad's processor, but I thought this might help. Thx.

Voice to Text stops listening half way through what I am saying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.